Saturday 6 December 2014

The Christmas Homage - Limited Edition Cards

The last month has been rather eventful, so much has been happening, I have some what forgotten to update my blog, so I am back with a collection of new things this month - December has got very busy indeed, before the resting, relaxing times can begin!

To start off the festive cheer and month long celebrations, here is my annual appreciation - The Christmas Card Homage! Last year saw the first of my homages, to the great John Baldessari and this year will see the dedication to the wonderfully talent artist Dirk Stewen. I have been a momentous fan of Stewen's work and with a truly stunning show this year at Maureen Paley, it just consolidated all that I adore about his practice. 

So with this in mind, 2014 see's me produce two Limited Edition Cards. Each card's source material is classically festive, but hand drawn in pencil and toned with watercolours, in that signature Stewen style! The cards are produced in an limited edition of 40 + AP's (each card in an edition of 20) and each one is signed on the back. I will be posting the cards out this week, so a massive thank you to all the people I have worked with this year, may it continue for many years to come.

Homage to Stewen "Mistletoe, 2014" Mixed Media, Pencil,Watercolour, 2014
Homage to Stewen "Robin, 2014" Mixed Media, Pencil,Watercolour, 2014

Keep looking for more updates on exciting things happening this month and plans for 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive