Saturday 14 May 2016

New Commission - FT Weekend Magazine - Photo London 2016 Special Supplement - "My London"


I may have been very quiet lately, but I have been in my studio working on some new pieces. I am absolutely thrilled to say that my new works were commissioned for the FT Weekend Magazine, which is live online now and available in print from today - Saturday 14th May!

In preparation for Photo London 2016, the FT Weekend Magazine, official media partner, commissioned four artists to create new work centred around their individual take on My London. I am very honoured to have worked with such an incredible commissioning team and to be situated in the magazine with some truly brilliant contemporary artists that use photography in exciting and inspiring ways. I am in great company with one of my fondest fellow friends, Tom Lovelace, the naughty Juno Calypso and one of great Magnum photographers, Mark Power. It is certainly an issue that shows how photography is shifting, developing and prepares you for what Photo London will offer.

My London, focus on the city as an never source of chaotic inspiration, with it's twists and turns offering up the everyday to the extraordinary. I centre the new works on the role of Instagram and how virtual portals are changing our physical experiences. 

Read more on this and others in the FT Weekend Magazine Photo London 2016 special supplement and online here:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/80313c48-1185-11e6-839f-2922947098f0.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive