Sunday 1 December 2013

And Final Stop Sydney...



Finally my last stop was Sydney and a well earned break was needed! So off to Bondi I went, to stay with some friends and enjoy all that this new city had to offer and have sometime to see the sights and sit back and relax for a few days. Having been to Sydney twenty years ago, a lot had changed and it was so nice to see all that was new and all that I remembered from my previous trip. So of course I had to head to the Harbour to see the Bridge, the Opera House, pancakes on the Rocks and visit the MCA where Yoko Ono had her new exhibition, "War Is Over, If You Want It." Not being a real fan of Yoko's I was intrigued to see the show and in fact left the exhibition feeling very inspired and found the participatory exhibits very interesting indeed, as one could remove pieces of a puzzle, glue ceramics back together as well as stamping the walls covered with maps! Interesting ideas.  


After a few days visiting the sights, back to Bondi to truly take sometime to stop and relax. It was quite amazing waking up every morning to 1 hour meditation and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Then to take 30 minutes to do the coastal walk from Bondi to Bronte and have breakfast in one of the many brilliant little cafe's alongside the beaches, true bliss! Bondi is as trendy as I expected and a completely different life to that in London, as the relaxed atmosphere, sea air makes for the most warm and friendly folk, I don't think I have seen so many happy people in one city! A wonderful time was had and ending with a wonderful dinner at Icebergs over looking Bondi at night, a massive thank you to my amazing friends who made me smile every second of everyday, it was a pleasure sharing it with you, miss you already! 

Then it was back to the airport for the flight home, 23 hours then I flew into T5 early morning to the misty, magical city London, and its good to be back, much was learnt and much planned for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive