Thursday, 24 October 2013
I am very pleased to announce that I will be working with the Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive along with Unless You Will in November, as I do a Full day Workshop and Artist Talk over two days in Melbourne, Australia!
The workshop will focus on photographic self-publishing, working with appropriated images and collaged-based production in contemporary photographic practice. Running from 10:00 am until 17:00 pm and are very limited, with acceptance of only 8-10 places. The workshop will be both insightful and exciting, as each person is really encouraged to produce new work, exploring how the photographic medium can offer up endless possibilities, as it twists and turns through the hands of each participant. The location of the workshop will be announced shortly.
The artist talk, I will be in conversation with Dan Rule, director of Perimeter Books and writer for The Age and Vault as well as Heidi Romano, director of Unless You Will. The conversation will provide an opportunity for me to discuss my practice, current and future projects as well as answering insightful questions from the panel as well as from the audience. I am looking forward to what will be asked from both Dan, Heidi as well as the listeners! The talk will be taking place at the Edmund Pearce Gallery from 18:30.
For more information, please view here: http://photobookarchive.com/news/
More details here: http://photobookarchive.com/workshops/
Posted by Melinda Gibson on Thursday, October 24, 2013
- ► 2016 (16)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2014 (62)
- First Reviews In Already!
- Publisher b.frank books launches "Miss Titus"
- This week, on Tuesday the 22nd October at 16:30...
- Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive - Workshop & Talk 2...
- Frieze Art Fair 2013
- Normal Edition in A Limited Run of 120 Copies
- The Tate In All Its Glory - Mira Schendel
- Releasing My New Book... Day 5
- Book Making Performances... Day 4
- Unseen Dummy Award Judging... Day 3
- "Unnatural Selection" Exhibition Opens... Day 2
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2012 (46)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (70)